Official website of the BeerliSchweiz (Beerli-Switzerland) game called Cross Peg Solitaire.
BeerliSchweiz Company History
Wooden Games – Puzzle Games – Since 1970
- 1970: Starting to play the game Cross Peg Solitaire
- 1982-1986: Apprenticeship “Polymech” (Feinmechaniker) at Wild Heerbrugg AG, later called Leica AG, Switzerland, with “Magna cum laude” (Golden Book Award)
- 1986-1990: University in Switzerland
- 1992-2011: Silicon Valley
- 2011: Back in Switzerland
- 2014-2020: Development of the next generation of Cross Peg Solitaire Puzzle Game
- 2021: Game released, Cross Peg Solitaire October, 2021
Follow BeerliSchweiz through the decades: Learn more about the history of the company and its products following the first game “Peg Solitaire” in 2021:
I’m an avid gamer, not computer games…but board games. I’ve always had a creative spirit, and always wanted to develop tools or expand on ideas on how to make something better. From a young age, playing Mühle, Chess, Mastermind and Solitaire have all been the inspiration to the next generation Peg Solitaire. Games are a great way to expand our skills, and game playing is essentially solution solving. It heightens our critical thinking skills and really adds to our inquisitive nature. Games in the house are as important as music in the house. I hope to inspire all those people out there who love the simple things in life.
P.S. I’m also quite interested in the Howard Johnson motor, and really love the HP calculators. I like the HP’s so much, that I have collected a few used ones from the internet. Noticing there was a problem with the battery cover. After 30 years the plastic gets brittle and nobody had a solution in site. So, I made a few attempts, prototypes and finally created my own solution for a battery replacement cover. Today, I ship replacement covers all over the world for a very affordable price. Just another hobby.